The Doctoral Training Unit CriTiCS encompasses the following 11 individual PhD projects. The names of the PhD supervisors are listed in brackets. Potential candidates should have a background (having or being about to obtain a master degree) in one of the target disciplines listed for each topic, or a related field.
- Classification and detection of critical transitions (Jorge Goncalves), [position filled].
- Early detection of heart attacks and atrial fibrillations (Jorge Goncalves), [postion filled].
- Predicting financial crashes by time-series analysis (Roman Kräussl), [position filled].
- Developing a distribution biology framework to study cell-fate dynamics (Alexander Skupin), [position filled].
- Non equilibria thermodynamics (Massimiliano Esposito), [position filled].
- Single-cell omics data to characterise disease dynamics (Alexander Skupin), [position filled].
- The role of the mitochondrial genome in neuroinflammation in Parkinson's Disease (Anne Grünewald), [position filled].
- Understanding transitions from healthy skin to melanoma cancer cells (Stephanie Kreis), [applications closed, dossiers under review].
- Seizure characterisation in zebrafish epilepsy (Alexander Crawford), [position filled].
- Transitions in microbial ecosystems (Paul Wilmes), [position filled].
- Critical Transitions in immunology (Feng He), [position filled].